It is possible to setup your Hotmail account so when you receive an e-mail, an automatic answer is created for the sender.
This can be very useful to alert that you can´t read incoming messages because you are on holidays, or when you are asked about a Budget or company information, automatically an answer is generated.
Any reason you can have to send automatic answers on Hotmail. Here are the steps to create them:
- Start Hotmail session and go to Hotmail inbox
- Click on ¨Options¨ and then on ¨More Options¨
- Go to ¨Manage your account¨.
- Click on ¨Send automatic answers¨.
- Once you are in, you can select not to send automatic answers or change the default options to ¨Send an automatic answer to people who write¨.
- Then you have to write the text you want to be displayed as an automatic answer..
- Select or not ¨Answer only to contacts¨.
- If you unselect the box ¨Answer only to contacts¨, you will be answering always to incoming mails, which can be dangerous to receive spams.
- Save everything and the setup is finished.